Congratulations to this year's departmental award winners:
Outstanding Senior Geographer: Andrew Valenski
Exemplary Service Award: Taylor Holden
Andrew Valenski '15, won the Buzzard Scholarship, one of only four national undergraduate awards given out by Gamma Theta Upsilon, the international geographic honor society.
Connect with us on Facebook!
- Klinker and students travel to Australia
Spatial Analysis Lab Director Kim Klinker took a group of students to Australia in the summer of 2014. See the story map of their travels.
- Salisbury on All Things Considered
David Salisbury was featured on NPR's All Things Considered, talking about the illegal logging situation in the Peruvian-Brazil borderlands of Amazonia and the recent deaths of local activists seeking to draw attention to the situation. He and Diego Leal, '15, also authored an op-ed on the tragic death of their colleague Edwin Chota for the Huffington Post.
- Kostadinov publishes paper
Research associate Dr. Tiho Kostadinov, '02, and Roy Gilb, '14, recently published a paper in the journal Geoscientific Model Development.
- Annual James River CleanupSep129:00 AM - 1:00 PMJoin James River Association for the James River Advisory Council’s 16th Annual Cleanup with 14 site locations throughout the watershed. For more information on cleanup sites and to register visit the JRAC website, jrac-va.org.
- Global Washington: Immigrant Growth, Settlement, and Strategies for InclusionSep175:00 PM - 6:00 PMMarie Price is a professor of geography and international affairs at George Washington University where she has taught since 1990. A Latin American and migration specialist, Dr. Price has conducted research on migration within Latin America and immigrant settlement in cities around the world, especially in metropolitan Washington. She is vice-president of the American Geographical Society and a... Continue reading
- Richmond Paddling TripSep176:00 PM - 8:00 PMEnjoy a free paddling trip in Richmond, guided by James River Association (JRA) staff. Depart from Great Shiplock Park, at the intersection of Pear and Dock streets in Richmond. There is a limit of 16 participants, with pre-registration required. Bring your own canoe or kayak, or use one from the James River Association. Trips are free to the public, but participants may... Continue reading
Department of Geography and the Environment
Carole Weinstein International Center
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, Virginia 23173
Phone: (804) 287-6307
Fax: (804) 484-1577
Follow us on Facebook.