Congratulations to this year's departmental award winners:
Outstanding Senior Geographer: Andrew Valenski
Exemplary Service Award: Taylor Holden
Andrew Valenski '15, won the Buzzard Scholarship, one of only four national undergraduate awards given out by Gamma Theta Upsilon, the international geographic honor society.
Connect with us on Facebook!
- Klinker and students travel to Australia
Spatial Analysis Lab Director Kim Klinker took a group of students to Australia in the summer of 2014. See the story map of their travels.
- Salisbury on All Things Considered
David Salisbury was featured on NPR's All Things Considered, talking about the illegal logging situation in the Peruvian-Brazil borderlands of Amazonia and the recent deaths of local activists seeking to draw attention to the situation. He and Diego Leal, '15, also authored an op-ed on the tragic death of their colleague Edwin Chota for the Huffington Post.
- Kostadinov publishes paper
Research associate Dr. Tiho Kostadinov, '02, and Roy Gilb, '14, recently published a paper in the journal Geoscientific Model Development.
- Desolation Row: Sustainability for the Oft-ForgottenOct214:30 PM - 6:00 PMGary Machlis, science advisor to the director of the National Park Service will give a talk that examines current sustainability policy and practices in light of social justice for the poor, the oppressed, refugees, victims of disasters, and the chronic underclass. The conversation will include real world proposals for improving things.... Continue reading
- Making Climate Change Research More Relevant to Natural Resource ManagementNov114:30 PM - 6:00 PMShawn Carter, the acting chief of the National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center (NCCWSC), will give a talk. The NCCWSC works closely with natural and cultural resource managers and scientists from inside and outside of government to gather the information and build the tools needed to help fish and wildlife and their habitats adapt to the impacts of climate change. Carter... Continue reading
Department of Geography and the Environment
Carole Weinstein International Center
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, Virginia 23173
Phone: (804) 287-6307
Fax: (804) 484-1577
Follow us on Facebook.